Pokemon Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock! Empty
PostSubject: Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock!   Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock! EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:12 pm

Looking through my binder today, I came across an unlikely yet fun combo of Shifty and Grumpig. Grumpig's first attack, for no energies, confuses your opponent, and if they flip tails they get 6 damage counters instead of 3! Then, bring up Shiftry and use it's power, which says that any coin flip your opponent makes is a tails. This way they can never attack, and they take 6 damage counters every turn! The downside is that they can retreat away from it, though this can be stopped if you use a card to prevent retreating. Just an idea of a fun combo for league or weekly tournament.

~ Donezator
Back to top Go down
j.payne1991*
Admin
j.payne1991*

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock!   Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock! EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:17 pm

This won't actually work as Shiftry has to be active for the coin flip to count, and as you can't Attack and then retreat, this is actually an impossible combo.

Sorry Donez
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonnation.catsboard.com
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock!   Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock! EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:19 pm

Sorry I was thinking of it off the top of my head Razz. Well, Shifrty can combo any deck that requires a coin flip, so all-in-all it isn't that bad by itself.

Donezator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock!   Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock! Empty

Back to top Go down

Grumpig + Shiftry = Confused lock!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Nation :: Pokemon Trading Card Game :: Card Combo's & Strategy's-
Jump to: