Pokemon Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-07-18

LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P Empty
PostSubject: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:39 am

LuxApe Version 1! The list:

Pokemon (20):

3/1 Luxray Gl
3/1 Infernape 4
1/1 Ninetales
2/1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Toxicroak G Promo ~ From the player's guide
2 Unown G
1 Crobat G
1 Lucario GL
1/1 Claydol

T/S/S (29):

4 Roseanne's research
4 Poke Turn
3 Power Spray
4 Energy Gain
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
2 Night Maintenance
2 SP Radar
1 Warp Point

Energy (11) :

2 SP Energy
3 Lightning
5 Fire
1 Psychic

STRATEGY:

General LuxApe strategy. Mess around with your opponents Pokemon with Luxray X's bright look and Infernape X's Intimidating Roar. Hit for large amounts of damage with Fire Spin and Trash Bolt. Uxie for draw power, and Toxicroak G is for in a mirror V. Luxray for a 1HKO. Also, if anyone has 2x Luxray Gl, 1x Luxray GL LVX and 1x Infernape 4 LVX for trade I would be grateful Smile Lols Very Happy

~ Donezator

Last edited by Donezator* on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
j.payne1991*
Admin
j.payne1991*

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:35 am

From what I have noticed with your strategy, the deck has too much luck involved. I don't think that Luxray Lv.X and Infernape Lv.X should be in the same deck as they both work well on their own. After a while you may not even get to use your Power Sprays considering how much this needs out to fully work.

for example;

Active: Luxray GL Lv.X
Bench: Infernape 4 Lv.X
Bench: Rayquaza
Bench: Uxie
Bench: Azelf
Bench: Infernape 4/Luxray GL/Uxie/Toxicroak G

As I said, it is based too much on luck and has a lot of flipping involved.

Just my opinions although the list looks quite good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonnation.catsboard.com
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:38 am

The deck has practically no flipping! Rayquaza, I'll admit, takes some luck, but you shouldn't be relying on it anyways. You won't always have 2 play 2 uxie or an azelf, so that space can be used for other cards. Just my opinion

Don
Back to top Go down
j.payne1991*
Admin
j.payne1991*

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:43 am

I honestly think that it is overrated, like Flygon in a way. Infernape 4 is a lot better on its own than with Luxray GL, there are more cards out there to complement it, better than Luxray.
Back to top Go down
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:45 am

Luxray and Infernape go together because of the amount of disruption they can do. Bright Look + Intimidating roar = Switchign chaos for your opponent!!
Back to top Go down
j.payne1991*
Admin
j.payne1991*

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:53 am

It only works against certain decks, it is made to counter the following.

Grass - Torterra, Shaymin and Leafeon Decks
Water - Kingdra, Empoleon, Water SP Decks
Metal - Dialga G

Against the SP decks it will struggle due to Power Spray so those matchups will be 50-50 all the other decks it does have a slight advantage. It is not meant to be a disruption deck, annoying yes. It is basically 2 decks thrown together to help counter big decks in the format. You may aswell throw Fan Rotom, Gallade 4 Lv.X, Honchkrow G, Raichu GL and Dialga G together for the same outcome.
Back to top Go down
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Updated list after help via MSN and Team Dippy, thanks guys who helped me Very Happy

Donezator
Back to top Go down
j.payne1991*
Admin
j.payne1991*

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Although it looks very good, like all of your decks. There are a few changes that I would like you to mull over.

-1/1 Ninetails
-1 Rayquaza
-2 Cyrus' Conspiracy
-1 Premier Ball

+1/2 Claydol
+2 SP Radar
+1 Night Maintenace

As it stands at the minute you have way too many single lines, 6 to be exact. Meaning that you have a high chance of having something wondering off into your Prize Cards. Take out Ninetails, yes it can counter Flygon, but there are other things out there such as Fan Rotom, Rayquaza also looks like a nice card to have but isn't neccessary, you should enough recovery as it is with the adding of a 3rd Night Maintenace, as lets face it, you will need it to decks such as Kingdra with Machamp tech and GeChamp. 4 Cyrus' Conspiracy when you have enough draw and search as it is, are you mad? Take out 2 and replace them with SP Radar, as lets face it 4 is a must in any SP deck, it is a Trainer meaning you can use all 4 in a turn if you want to.

Although I like the list (not the actual deck) I feel you should look closer at certain cards, I have noticed this too be your major weakness as you use the same trainers in every deck you build. Just some friendly advice from you friendly neighbourhood spiderman.

Hope I've helped Wink
Back to top Go down
Team Dippy™*
Team Dippy™*

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:20 pm

id say keep the ninetales, maybe take out -1 Power spray and 1- Rayquaza for 1-1 Claydol
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamdippy.proboards.com
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 am

Thanks Team Dippy, I have included the 1/1 Claydol but reduced Rayquaza and a Stark Mountain instead of Power Spray.

Donez
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P   LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P Empty

Back to top Go down

LuxApe, a first attempt at it :P
Page 1 of 1