Pokemon Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FlyDon Aggro!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Landstar

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-30

FlyDon Aggro! Empty
PostSubject: FlyDon Aggro!   FlyDon Aggro! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Pokemons (22):
4-2-3-1 Flygon Lv.X (RR) (1x SW Flygon)
2-2-1 Hippowdon Lv.X (RR)
2-2 Claydol (GE)
2 Unown G (GE)
1 Azelf (LA)

Supporters (10):
4 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Felicity's Drawing

Stadiums (3):
3 Broken Time Space

Trainers (11):
3 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
2 Premier Ball
4 Poke Drawer +
1 Night Maintenence

Energies (14):
10 Fighting Basic
4 Call Energy

This is my first deck in competetive pokemons. I'm a big fan of pokemon and I love dragon pokemon (I have an EV trained Shiny Dragonite on the DS Razz). So, when I found out about Flygon decks, I just had to make it, lol.

The primary strategy is to get out Flygon and Hippowdon as early as possible and then use the power of Flygon's Rainbow Float to quickly exchange blows with Flygon's Power Swing (usually for 80-100 damage) and Hippowdon's Groundquake for 80 damage + 10 for each benched basic pokemon. It has been very aggressive in practice, so I'm not sure if there's a way to try and control the game a bit more.

And if anyone has these, this is what I need to complete the deck:

3x Rare Candy
2x Broken Time Space
3x Roseanne's Research
1x Azelf
4x Call Energy
1x Flygon (SW)
1x Hippowdon Lv.X

I help out at Manaleak's pokemon league, so if anyone has these and would like to trade or sell cheaply, then please bring them along if you're coming down. If this little asking for trades part isn't allow, please say so and I'll post up a topic in trades instead Smile. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
j.payne1991*
Admin
j.payne1991*

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-06

FlyDon Aggro! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FlyDon Aggro!   FlyDon Aggro! EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The deck looks very consistent and could potentially be very fast, considering there are two Level X's. Here is an updated list for you to consider.

Quote :
Pokemons (21):
3 Trapinch (SW)
2 Vibrava (RR)
2 Flygon (RR)
1 Flygon (SW)
1 Flygon Lv.X (RR)
2 Hippopotas (Any)
2 Hippowdon (RR)
1 Hippowdon Lv.X (RR)
2 Baltoy (GE)
2 Claydol (GE)
2 Unown G (GE)
1 Azelf (LA)

Use SW Trapinch due to Gengar matchup, they can easily one shot your RR Trapinch which will effectivly lose you the game.

Supporters (10):
4 Bebe's Search
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Lucian's Assignement

Lucians Assignement is fantastic in Flygon Varients, with the high attack cost of your Pokemon you will need to get your Pokemon charged up as soon as you can, so before your active Pokemon gets KO'd simply use Lucian's to switch the Energy and get ready for your next turn.

Stadiums (4):
4 Broken Time Space

Ideally you want 4 Broken Time Space here, your hardest matchup will be SP Pokemon that contain Skuntank G, so you need to counter their stadium as soon as you can.

Trainers (12):
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
4 Poke Healer +
2 Night Maintenence

4 Rare Candy is a must, you need to get your Pokemon evolved as quich as you can to avoid Donks. Only use 1 Premier Ball as this should be used to get your Flygon Lv.X back from the dicard pile only. Poke Healer instead of Poke Drawer, you have lots of draw power as it is, so you need to heal. 2 Night Maintenance is a must, you need to recover else you will suffer late game.

Energies (13):
8 Fighting Basic
3 Call Energy
2 Upper

8 Fighting Energy will be enough, Flygon is colourless so take advantage of that. 3 Call Energy as 4 is overkill now, and use Upper Energy, it is the most broken card for Flygon because if you are behind on prizes you basically have a double attachment of energy, remember to not level up that Flygon though.

I hope I have helped and about the cards you need PM me as I have some of those.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonnation.catsboard.com
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-07-18

FlyDon Aggro! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FlyDon Aggro!   FlyDon Aggro! EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 1:32 am

I also welcome you to the forum Smile About the trade bit, it should be fine, but I would reccomend a trade thread as this topic may become mixed with some people giving you deck advice and others putting up offers to trade.

I'm not personally too sure about Hippowdown X, as there are lots of cards to prevent it's power from going forward (Power Spray, Mesprit LA etc), so you would have to play it right so that it went forward. The energy count is ok, but it is gonna be hard to get all 3 energies (Requires 3 turns) to get out all the appropriate energies to use Flygon's 'Power Swing'. I would also use Flygon RR over Flygon SW (I have tested this deck before, couldn't find a real use for SW Flygon...). Overall, a great deck! Hope I've helped you mate!

Donezator
Back to top Go down
j.payne1991*
Admin
j.payne1991*

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-06

FlyDon Aggro! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FlyDon Aggro!   FlyDon Aggro! EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:26 am

Don, you cannot really say you are not too sure about Hippowdon Lv.X, due to a few cards that can negate its Power. Yes it is a risk and maybe that is what Landstar gameplay is like, but it also depends what is played in his meta. Don't forget that there has been a decline in SP decks recently with the most common two sticking around (LuxApe & Gallade 4). I actually think this has got quite a bit of potential if I'm honest, the only problem I see with Sand Reset is the Energy needed for Flygon, if you lose that, you effectively lose the game.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonnation.catsboard.com
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-07-18

FlyDon Aggro! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FlyDon Aggro!   FlyDon Aggro! EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:32 am

I'm not saying is game play is risky or anything, it just think (Like you said) Hippowdon can get rid of all of YOUR set up energies etc as well as your opponents, so you could be even ruining your own plan :/

Don
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FlyDon Aggro! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FlyDon Aggro!   FlyDon Aggro! Empty

Back to top Go down

FlyDon Aggro!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Nation :: Pokemon Trading Card Game :: Deck Garage-
Jump to: