Pokemon Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
j.payne1991*
Admin
j.payne1991*

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss Empty
PostSubject: Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss   Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:32 am

In my Flygon deck thread, which you can view [url=XX]Here[/url], you can see that there is a little debate regarding Trapinch's first attack, Inviting Trap.

My thoughts for running this were that I can disupt my opponent's strategy by bring out a Claydol that they have on the bench or a Pokemon with a high Retreat Cost.

Donezator replied saying that this wouldn't work as you don't get to choose and your opponent does.

I then replied with the Yanmega 4 vs Trapinch argument with how they have a similar attack, just a different effect stating that Trapinch's attack gets to choose but Yanmega 4 doesn't.

Here are scans of the cards

Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss 115-trapinch
Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss 37-yanmega-4

As you can see they both have the same attacks in Inviting Trap and Whirlwind but different text.

Donezator then asked the question on Pokegym.

Here is the question and reply

Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss Rulingquestion

What I want to know who is right about Trapinch, me or Donezator, because from the reply from PokePop, it looks as if I am Razz

This is just meant to be a general discussion and not meant to humilate anyone.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonnation.catsboard.com
j.payne1991*
Admin
j.payne1991*

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss   Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:47 am

Sorted out & Locked
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonnation.catsboard.com
Donezator*
Admin
Donezator*

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss   Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:50 am

Sorry, the text on the cards was so slightly different I didn't notice Razz So, Trapinch DOES get to chose, but Yanmega 4 doesn't... That's cool Very Happy

Donez
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss   Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss Empty

Back to top Go down

Trapinch SW vs Yanmega 4 - Mine & Donezator's Argument - Discuss
Page 1 of 1